Cleveland DIY Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cleveland DIY Collective

Dedicated to helping promote, organize and support DIY music in North East Ohio.Dedicated to making this community as inclusive as humanly possible.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Babs

Babs

Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza? Empty
PostSubject: Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza?   Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 3:09 pm

I went up to Montreal this last weekend for Pouzza Fest. Montreal is a rad city and the lineup is really cool but, like last year, there were some really big issues. In a nutshell:

1) Most bands' only payment was a pass to the Fest, they were told this was just as good as the standard 3-day pass. Bigger venues did not respect this and declined them entry, stating that the show was oversold. However, for $20 they would be allowed in. The venues claimed this came from the Fest itself and was not venue policy. As a result, many of the bands felt as though they were taken advantage of.

2) Due to the underselling of certain shows that required the 'VIP pass', they were opened to the general admission audience. While it's cool that this meant that more people got to see more bands, at the same time when people payed an additional $50 to see many of the headliners - NFG, A Wilhelm Scream, Saves The Day, Braid, a bunch more - and suddenly that extra $50 isn't needed - it isn't exactly fair. Comments about this are being deleted from the official Facebook and neither of the head fest organizers are responding. It looks like no refunds will be given.

A few friends and I are looking to compile all the issues people are having and getting it on Punknews/other sites to get the word out. This is the third year in a row where this Fest has had major issues with admissions and at this point it seems like it is deliberately taking advantage of the smaller bands which are the lifeblood of this scene. If anyone attended - this Fest being nine hours away I figure it isn't too much of a stretch - or knows anyone that plays that had issues, please tell them to email me at Babrook @ gmail . com or on Facebook - 'Babs Brookover'. Virtually all the information I have right now is from a number of Ontario bands that I toured up with and just talking to other bands there as well as Facebook.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
jeffrussell420

jeffrussell420

PostSubject: Re: Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza?   Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza? EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:24 pm

yeah i heard about the bigger venues were too expensive for a lot of people. i havent heard many positive things about this fest, besides the amount of great bands that played
Back to top Go down
Rockos Modern Life is War
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza?   Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:26 am

Just talked to a dude from Trapper Keeper in Vermont. He had lots of stuff to say on this subject. Want me to put him in touch, babs.
Back to top Go down
https://cleveland-diy.forumotion.com
Babs

Babs

PostSubject: Re: Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza?   Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:28 pm

Rockos Modern Life is War wrote:
Just talked to a dude from Trapper Keeper in Vermont. He had lots of stuff to say on this subject. Want me to put him in touch, babs.

Yes please. I'd give you my Facebook but my privacy is janky. Tell him to email me at babrook @ gmail.com.

Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza?   Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza? EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:11 pm

On it.
Back to top Go down
https://cleveland-diy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza?   Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was anyone at Pouzza fest/know anyone at Pouzza?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cleveland DIY Collective :: Other Nonsense :: Talk to your friends while you're suposed to be working or in class.-
Jump to: