Cleveland DIY Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cleveland DIY Collective

Dedicated to helping promote, organize and support DIY music in North East Ohio.Dedicated to making this community as inclusive as humanly possible.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
laurahdrapac

Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands Empty
PostSubject: Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands   Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Hey all,

I'm a Cleveland native who has moved south to Denton, TX for work. Every year I come home for the holidays and I lose my mind being around my relatives 24/7 for 14 days. I haven't tried hard enough to find good shows in Cleveland in years past, taking my family-filled fate for what it was. This year is different. If I don't want to kill someone I HAVE GOT TO SEE SOME SHOWS.

I'm always looking for new music, and having moved to Denton about 5 years ago has really spoiled me... I get to enjoy the Marked Men and related offshoot bands (The Novice, Radioactivity, Mind Spiders), as well as local boys and girls like Bad Sports, A Giant Dog, Fishboy, etc.

To anyone familiar with the aforementioned bands: are there any groups in town that I should be listening to? Any shows with similar acts booked happening while I'm in town (12/16-12/30)?

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down
nathanw

PostSubject: Re: Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands   Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:25 am

I love Denton bands, not much like it in Cleveland though. I'm in a band called Smooth Brain and we're influenced by those bands a bit. Our drummer has another band called Classic Sand, but other than that I can't think of much else.

http://smoothbrain.bandcamp.com/

http://classicsand.bandcamp.com/
Back to top Go down
laurahdrapac

PostSubject: Re: Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands   Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 1:50 am

Thanks, guy. I can definitely hear the influences! Does either band have any shows coming up? I'd love to go.
Back to top Go down
nathanw

PostSubject: Re: Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands   Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 12:44 pm

I believe Classic Sand is playing at Now That's Class on Dec.28th. Smooth Brain probably isn't doing any shows til January.
Back to top Go down
laurahdrapac

PostSubject: Re: Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands   Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Great! Again, thanks for the info. Saved from boredom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands   Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for CLE bands that sound like Denton, TX bands
Page 1 of 1