Cleveland DIY Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cleveland DIY Collective

Dedicated to helping promote, organize and support DIY music in North East Ohio.Dedicated to making this community as inclusive as humanly possible.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introductions

Go down 
+68
brianpaulbarr
SxAxMx
Bammer
EddyMarflakIII
Twabp440
labrat
ayjesse
Jessefreeman01
MyersBLOCK
solipsisticurge
brett!
HomeIsWhereTheButtIs
floralgreenispeople
cup
beatonthebrat
aint_that_the_truthBLAHHH
majestic_unicorn
JoeJak
jeffrussell420
cyakroon
houska
rh4rrbr0
WalterMelon
Babs
WHIZ_WHO_PLAYS_BASS_LOUD
jokeoone
The Bud
Edward
gilliam
maxstern39
constantnothing
alextucker
getxsick
mikemikemike48
Mikey C
timtherockgod
nathanw
Coonies_Girlx3
thepurplegrape
petemilkisdead
okay
inkbink
xJxVx
Thom Tadsen
Shawn McAwesome
Joseph Michael
Abe Froman
Big_Stink
Franklin Delano Goo
MsHissyFit
nicklovesohio
The_Kostas
jeff_finley
ibowers
dirtygank
x96_Quite_ Bitter_Beings
janeshames
jvisual
EscapistRecords
kevinczap
P-Fresh
xkellyx
Sean Clark
motorcitykitty
joshuastephens
airickegan
Rockos Modern Life is War
andeewells
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jvisual

jvisual

Introductions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:31 am

Joseph Michael wrote:
I'm Joe. I used run the Get a Life boards. I also used to be in bands. Little Sister was the last band I participated in. Others I'm not sure are worth mentioning, though some may tell you different. Not involved much these days outside of printing shirts (I work for a screen printer/embroidery place, so if you need shirts hit me up!) and designing the occasional flyer/logo/whatever when asked. I'm not much involved these days outside of those things, but I'm into seeing this board last much longer and thrive more positively than Get a Life ever did (I say this despite making a lot of friends via that board, of course. I hope to do this here albeit in a much more positive manner).

Hey Joe! It's great to have you here and have your support. We're definitely going to steer clear of the hostility/argumentative nature that plagued get a life, but you really did a lot of good things and had great ideas with that board. We've (obviously) taken some of those ideas directly from what you did with get a life in starting this board (especially with the show calendar sections), so thanks for that!
Back to top Go down
http://swagultraultra.bandcamp.com
Thom Tadsen

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:41 am

Hi my name is Thom. I live in Akron. I own tons guitar amps and have millions of guitars. I play in band called Grave Division.

http://gravedivision.bandcamp.com/album/un-amigo-te-apu-ala-por-la-frente

I run a DIY music studio out of my house. I record/mix/master master bands.

I've done music for Ages, Blind Hate, Middle State, The Heel, Basement Boys, Bad Noids, Wasted Blood, Tombecks, Wind of Death, Dweller and many many more.

I'm currently extremely pumped for the new Ages 7" we recorded to come out.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thom-Tadsen-Recording/396841790358867
Back to top Go down
Joseph Michael

Joseph Michael

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:44 am

jvisual wrote:
Joseph Michael wrote:
I'm Joe. I used run the Get a Life boards. I also used to be in bands. Little Sister was the last band I participated in. Others I'm not sure are worth mentioning, though some may tell you different. Not involved much these days outside of printing shirts (I work for a screen printer/embroidery place, so if you need shirts hit me up!) and designing the occasional flyer/logo/whatever when asked. I'm not much involved these days outside of those things, but I'm into seeing this board last much longer and thrive more positively than Get a Life ever did (I say this despite making a lot of friends via that board, of course. I hope to do this here albeit in a much more positive manner).

Hey Joe! It's great to have you here and have your support. We're definitely going to steer clear of the hostility/argumentative nature that plagued get a life, but you really did a lot of good things and had great ideas with that board. We've (obviously) taken some of those ideas directly from what you did with get a life in starting this board (especially with the show calendar sections), so thanks for that!

Glad to hear! If you ever need any help with figuring out stuff on the backend of things (like how to do certain stuff with the software) you can always hit me up. i'm always more than happy to help out any way I can!
Back to top Go down
xJxVx

xJxVx

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:47 am

My name is Jordan. I'm from Brunswick. I play bass and sing in [url=thegroundislava.bandcamp.com]The Ground Is Lava[/url]. I'm originally a drummer, though, so hit me up for that shit.

I play video games a lot and watch Netflix shows. Currently working through the Harry Potter series for the first time. I substitute teach right now, though I'm trying to get into writing/editing.
Back to top Go down
http://thegroundislava.bandcamp.com
inkbink

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:24 pm

I'm Ian. I do/did vocals in Vince Roy up until fairly recently. I used to live in a house in Athens, Ohio called the fort that did shows.
Back to top Go down
okay

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 3:36 pm

I'm Drew. I usually live in Athens but I am in Medina for the summer. I play drums in the bands Small Steps and Shower Beers. I like to drive around in my car and waste gas, head bang and eat cheeseburgers.

Okay, thanks.
Back to top Go down
petemilkisdead

petemilkisdead

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi, I'm Pete Milk and I recently moved back to Cleveland after graduating from Ohio State

I booked a lot of shows during my time in Columbus
I like Electricity and electronics
I like records
I'm getting into graphic novels
I barback/bartend at ABC The Tavern Uptown and am currently searching for a full time job
I play bass in Dead Words
I love to laugh
Back to top Go down
Sean Clark
Admin
Sean Clark

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:02 pm

petemilkisdead wrote:
I love to laugh

Laughing
Back to top Go down
thepurplegrape

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:49 pm

My name is Tim. I play in the bands Gelatinus Cube, Stomp the Condor, The Best Westerns and I talk a lot about being in the band Beach Dads. I grew up in the Cleveland area but I currently reside in Scrumbletown, Columbus where Randy rules with a cotton fist. Occasionally I book shows at my house. Eventually I will return to Cleveland to reproduce followed by a swift and painless death. Until that day, I'll be happy that this forum brings me one step closer to my dream of becoming a fully-functional disembodied voice.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
nathanw

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm Nathan. I play bass and sing in Smooth Brain and I play guitar in Cruelster. I draw comics and stuff. I make money by watching dogs sleep at a dog daycare. I book shows every once in a while and I live with friends in the uncool part of the east side.
Back to top Go down
timtherockgod

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:04 pm

im tim. let me draw a flyer for you or a logo or something
Back to top Go down
Mikey C

Mikey C

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:26 pm

My name is Mike. I am in Mad Minds. I like records. I like boards. I like watching everyone on boards take things too seriously, including myself sometimes. Hopefully this is fun.
Back to top Go down
mikemikemike48

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm Mike. I play guitar in Tombecks and Whipping Post. I'm also in a new band that i am very excited about, we are currently recording our demo. I don't book shows, but I love going to/playing them and talking about music, so hopefully this board works out, it seems cool!
Back to top Go down
getxsick

getxsick

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:59 pm

I'm Ashley. I just moved back to Cleveland (hang out with me before I move again in August!) I've spent the last few years living in the Akron area and I kind of fell out of going to shows and such. I'm starting to get back into it, and I'd like to be more involved.

I like to bake. So don't be surprised if I show up to a show with baked goods.
Back to top Go down
alextucker

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:28 pm

I'm Alex. I work at the Grog Shop as a door guy. I play synth for a pop punk band called Dead Leaves. I book pop punk shows around northeast ohio. I like to hang out, let's hang out.
Back to top Go down
constantnothing

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 12:41 am

I'm Elisa, I live in Columbus and go to Ohio State for one more year but I go back to Cleveland a few times a month for shows and stuff. I'll probably end up moving back to Cleveland after school but I don't know many people in the scene. I just go to shows with friends in Columbus, Cleveland, Cincy, and Pittsburgh. I'm looking to get more involved, especially with booking bands, and getting to know other people who are into the same music and what not. I help out with my dad's very small production company booking shows around Cleveland once in a while but I'd like to find ways to do more.

I really like meeting cool people, neat dogs, and Indian food.
Back to top Go down
maxstern39

maxstern39

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 3:50 am

i'm max. i'm 23 and have lived in cleveland since age 4. i write songs, play guitar and sing in signals midwest and meridian. i travel a lot, both for music and personal stuff, but i book shows here and there when i'm home. during the days i do freelance graphic design, teach guitar lessons and work at a sign-making company.

i still like less than jake.
Back to top Go down
http://signalsmidwest.com
gilliam

gilliam

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 5:52 am

i'm michael bounce
Back to top Go down
Edward

Edward

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:10 am

Hello. I'm Edward. I'm old. Ha! I like music a lot. I collect and love horror movies and things related to them. I write and publish a fanzine. I work a lot and sleep a lot, and enjoy both.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sean Clark
Admin
Sean Clark

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:23 am

Coonies_Girlx3 wrote:
I think it may have been deleted...(well aint that a warm welcome to the forum)

Your post is on the 3rd page, 5th from the top and still very much there.
Back to top Go down
The Bud

The Bud

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:54 am

Now, um, usually I don't do this, but uh...
I'll break ya'll off with a lil' preview of The Bud

Name: Jordan Budin
Work: Champs Sports, where sport lives/we know game
Hobbies: Drinkin', smokin', straight West Coastin'
Actual Hobbies: Reading, video games, other nerdy technology stuff, film, eating, being The Bud
Other Pertinent Information: Recently graduated from THE Hiram College, used to go to shows all the time (Kling Thing waddup), cleaning my ears is the best thing I do all day

Bands I've Been Digging Lately: Funeral Advantage, Maura., Turnover, Have Mercy
Back to top Go down
jokeoone

jokeoone

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:44 am

Coonies_Girlx3 wrote:
Hi, I posted on here before but I cant see my post? I think it may have been deleted...(well aint that a warm welcome to the forum) anyways my intro went something like this i think. Hey I'm Danielle. I'm not exactly one of the biggest contributors to the scene but i go to shows here and there, not so much booking shows but i am willing to give it a try and would like to start booking soon.

I don't know why you're faking to be Danielle on here, it's just really fucking weird.
Anyways, I'm Jo, I'm in Ages and Cruelster and I like to have fun.
Back to top Go down
WHIZ_WHO_PLAYS_BASS_LOUD

WHIZ_WHO_PLAYS_BASS_LOUD

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 2:01 pm

I am Alex and I am the singer of the pretty much dormant Setbacks and current bass player of Cruelster. My band nickname is Whiz because of my GPA. I am twins with Nathan of Smooth Brain/Cruelster/Total Babes, so if you've seen someone who looks like us it's probably one of us.

I also make comics with Nathan, and our most recent thing is about a laundry-obsessed baby walrus named Mildoo. Our comics our on our tumblr (http://wardcomix.tumblr.com/), which has been pretty dead lately, but we plan on regularly posting Mildoo webcomics in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next