Cleveland DIY Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cleveland DIY Collective

Dedicated to helping promote, organize and support DIY music in North East Ohio.Dedicated to making this community as inclusive as humanly possible.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introductions

Go down 
+68
brianpaulbarr
SxAxMx
Bammer
EddyMarflakIII
Twabp440
labrat
ayjesse
Jessefreeman01
MyersBLOCK
solipsisticurge
brett!
HomeIsWhereTheButtIs
floralgreenispeople
cup
beatonthebrat
aint_that_the_truthBLAHHH
majestic_unicorn
JoeJak
jeffrussell420
cyakroon
houska
rh4rrbr0
WalterMelon
Babs
WHIZ_WHO_PLAYS_BASS_LOUD
jokeoone
The Bud
Edward
gilliam
maxstern39
constantnothing
alextucker
getxsick
mikemikemike48
Mikey C
timtherockgod
nathanw
Coonies_Girlx3
thepurplegrape
petemilkisdead
okay
inkbink
xJxVx
Thom Tadsen
Shawn McAwesome
Joseph Michael
Abe Froman
Big_Stink
Franklin Delano Goo
MsHissyFit
nicklovesohio
The_Kostas
jeff_finley
ibowers
dirtygank
x96_Quite_ Bitter_Beings
janeshames
jvisual
EscapistRecords
kevinczap
P-Fresh
xkellyx
Sean Clark
motorcitykitty
joshuastephens
airickegan
Rockos Modern Life is War
andeewells
72 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
andeewells

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 2:14 pm

This is cool. Good work to the cats who decided to make another message board. I met a lot of people who I consider my best friends now on Get A Life and I think this is a great step in bringing people together again.

With that said, let's introduce ourselves. We're all pretty much friends already, but there's always some stranger out there.

My name is Andrew. I take pictures of bands and live at It's A Kling Thing! in Akron. I dabble in design and I like to drink shitty coffee.

Lame. Your turn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.andeewells.com
Admin

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:15 pm

My name is Elliott. I play in Harvey Pekar and Dead Words. I also run a record distro called Whole Life Crisis Records.
Back to top Go down
https://cleveland-diy.forumotion.com
airickegan

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm Airick. I play in Ages, I go to CSU, and I like scaling really big bridges and building forts in the woods.
Back to top Go down
joshuastephens

joshuastephens

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 5:09 pm

I'm Joshua Stephens. I don't know most of you guys. I used to play in a band called 19 Action News. Then I moved to Seattle. Then I moved back to Cleveland. Now I play solo folk-punk shows.

I live on the west side. Lorain Ave and W. 105th-117th area.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuastephens.net
motorcitykitty

motorcitykitty

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:04 pm

My name's Bri. I'm currently living in Columbus but still visit Cleveland often as it's my hometown. I write zines, have been in bands for 10+ years (though I'm not really a part of any projects currently) and have recently added doing illustration work to my repertoire. I made a post over in the Zines, Art, Etc. section of the forum if you wanna know more about my work.
Back to top Go down
http://briannadearest.wordpress.com
Sean Clark
Admin
Sean Clark

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Hello, my name is Sean Clark! I:
- Work for Now That's Class!
- Play Bass for Two Hand Fools
- Play Guitar in Dead Words
- Book shows and currently in the process of moving into Dag House
- just started a tape label called "Perpetual Bullshit".

Last edited by Sean Clark on Tue May 21, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xkellyx

xkellyx

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi, I'm Kelly. Odds are I am probably older than you. I go to shows, I tape them, and then put them on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/user/kellymcg).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kellymcg
P-Fresh

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:08 pm

I'm P-Fresh! My name is Josh, actually. But either one works. I'm from Cleveland, and I spent most of my disposable income on comics.
Back to top Go down
kevinczap

kevinczap

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:49 pm

I'm Kevin, I make comics and design for a living. For 5 or 6 years I've been self-publishing my stuff online and in zine form. In the past year I've started more actively publishing and distributing other people's comics under the name Czap Books, I've been drawing a webcomic called Project: Ballad, I joined the organizing team for the local comics convention and done a record cover or two. Looking forward to doing more of the same going forward.

I made a couple of posts in the Comics/Zines section if you want a bit more information.
Back to top Go down
http://kevinczap.com
EscapistRecords

EscapistRecords

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 9:59 pm

I'm Michael. I run a record label (Escapist Records) that releases music from a bunch of bands of all sorts of styles from all over (Light Years, Harvey Pekar, Territory, Withdrawal, Foxfires, etc).

Also, I wish Cleveland were Middle Earth, cus that would be pretty rad!

https://www.facebook.com/escapistrecords
Back to top Go down
http://www.escapist-records.com
jvisual

jvisual

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 10:06 pm

My name is Josh. I play guitar and sing in ultra ultra, recently started playing acoustic as The House of Wills, I work at a printing company, and live in Slavic Village with my girlfriend and 2 cats (currently catsitting a 3rd). I book shows when I can and spend too much money on records!
Back to top Go down
http://swagultraultra.bandcamp.com
janeshames

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 10:30 pm

my name's shane i live in cleveland heights i like nodding my head while my arms are crossed but also when my arms are at my side and painting my nails Basketball i go to shows pretty frequently but would like to become more involved with putting them on/booking/etc.

Last edited by janeshames on Thu May 23, 2013 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
x96_Quite_ Bitter_Beings

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:02 pm

I'm Jake. Been going to hardcore shows in Cleveland on and off since the late 90's. Usually stay at the back and mind my own business. Pretty sure I'm one of the only openly gay guys who goes to shows now-a-days haha. I work odd jobs and only really go on the internet when I'm at Common Grounds.
Back to top Go down
dirtygank

dirtygank

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:31 pm

My name is Eddie Gancos. I sing in CityCop and I play bass in Vita Bassa, I used to play bass in Street Fight. I have an acoustic project called Alomar.
I book shows in Ashtabula right now but I will soon be moving into a house in Akron that will start having shows shortly after we move in.
I have 23 nicknames and one time in 6th grade I made the game winning shot in basketball in gym class Basketball
Back to top Go down
ibowers

ibowers

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:56 pm

My name is Ian. I live in Sandusky but I'm in Cleveland a few times a week it seems. Along with a buddy, I run Messy Life Records (we put out Worship This!'s Nard Years 7" last year). I also play bass in a dumb band called Papa Steve but we hardly play anymore. I used to book house shows in Sandusky but that house doesn't exist anymore.
Back to top Go down
jeff_finley

jeff_finley

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed May 22, 2013 12:40 am

My name's Jeff Finley, I'm an artist/designer. Nice to meet all of you! This forum seems really cool. Some of you may know me from my design company Go Media or as the guy that started Weapons of Mass Creation Fest. I'm a big supporter of the DIY scene and was inspired to start my own fest after attending Berea Fest, DIT Fest, and The Fest down in Gainsville, FL. I also wrote a book about starting your own clothing line called Thread's Not Dead.

Musically I've played drums in By Bread Alone and Parachute Journalists which we never really got out there. I'm in a new punk/pop band called Campfire Conspiracy which is still in stealth mode at the moment! I actually bought my first drum kit from Andee Wells in 2007!

I'm excited to see this forum exist and I would love for it to grow into a nice community!
Back to top Go down
http://jefffinley.org
The_Kostas

The_Kostas

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:10 am

My name is Nick Kostas Kratsas. I am the vocalist for Harvey Pekar. I got "Most Improved Player" at a basketball camp when I was like 9.
Back to top Go down
nicklovesohio

nicklovesohio

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed May 22, 2013 1:54 am

I'm Nicholas James Schmitt, I play bass in Harvey Pekar. I really enjoy cooking, baking, reading (books, and I've started getting into comics), craft beers, having fun, and riding my bicycle. I work at ABC the Tavern, and I'm almost always down to hang out when I'm not there. PM me for my number if you ever want some company!
Back to top Go down
MsHissyFit

MsHissyFit

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:12 am

I'm Heather!

I spend the vast majority of my time working and finishing up my body piercing apprenticeship in Akron at Good Life. My free time is split pretty evenly between Akron and Cleveland.

I really love to craft, cook, watch movies, scrounge through thrift stores, talk, eat, drink, and hang out with my dog.

Fun fact: I've never had a nose bleed.

Let me know if you want to kill some time together and I'll send you my number!
Back to top Go down
http://heatherweather.tumblr.com/
Franklin Delano Goo

Franklin Delano Goo

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed May 22, 2013 3:31 am

My name is Matt. I play music as American War and I'm also in a band called the Sidekicks. Most of you probably know me from my groundbreaking high school band, PunchDrunk. One time we played Peabody's battle of the bands and I literally cried afterwards because our performance was so bad. That was last week. Anyways, I am moving back to Cleveland in July or August and am very ready to contribute as much as I can to this cause. OHIO!!!
Back to top Go down
Big_Stink

Big_Stink

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed May 22, 2013 6:06 am

Good day, I'm Nate and I play drums in Harvey Pekar. I have upwards of 30 nicknames, and collect VHS for a living.
Back to top Go down
jvisual

jvisual

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:43 am

Coo to see so many people are already getting involved in this and excited. I can't tell you how much that means to me.
Back to top Go down
http://swagultraultra.bandcamp.com
Abe Froman

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed May 22, 2013 8:53 am

I'm Ryan. I'm an old dude thats been going to Cleveland punk, hardcore, and metal shows since the late 90s. I used to sing in a bunch of bands that never really went anywhere and now I just go out to shows when I can, spread the word about stuff, and also try to stay as involved as I can (which lately hasn't been a lot, unfortunately). I try to collect and archive as much local music, demos, etc as possible. I currently have a mediafire page with over 400 albums of all genres of Cleveland music. It's my personal online backup, so I don't want it shut down, which is why I haven't made a blog yet linking all the records that is google searchable. I don't want people pissed if their band is up there, and they're still trying to sell shit and don't want someone posting it free, so I don't have it linked to be spread around the public and posted all over, so no one reports it. If you want to check it out, message me on here, and I'll privately send you the link. I don't mind doing that, feels the same to me as trading tapes with someone or letting someone borrow the record. If you check it out, see your band, and don't want it up there, note that it's not google searchable. If you still don't want it shared, let me know and I'll password protect it so people can't download it. Also, if you have links to free demos, other recordings, etc and don't mind giving them out, let me know and I'll add it to my archive, otherwise, I'll buy it eventually and add it. One day I'm sure I'll do something with it, once I can be sure my backups won't be reported/deleted.
Back to top Go down
Joseph Michael

Joseph Michael

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:55 am

I'm Joe. I used run the Get a Life boards. I also used to be in bands. Little Sister was the last band I participated in. Others I'm not sure are worth mentioning, though some may tell you different. Not involved much these days outside of printing shirts (I work for a screen printer/embroidery place, so if you need shirts hit me up!) and designing the occasional flyer/logo/whatever when asked. I'm not much involved these days outside of those things, but I'm into seeing this board last much longer and thrive more positively than Get a Life ever did (I say this despite making a lot of friends via that board, of course. I hope to do this here albeit in a much more positive manner).
Back to top Go down
Shawn McAwesome

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed May 22, 2013 10:25 am

My name is Shawn. I was in a band called SeaSkulls and a band called You Ain't Got No Legs Lieutenant Dan. I booked shows in Kent for a while and I lived at The Kling house for a year and then I joined the Army. Now I fly in helicopters, jump out of airplanes, and shoot machine guns. I really miss the Akron/Kent/Cleveland music scene and can't wait to get back to it. Also, I really like Gin and Tonics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions Empty

Back to top Go down

Introductions
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next