Cleveland DIY Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cleveland DIY Collective

Dedicated to helping promote, organize and support DIY music in North East Ohio.Dedicated to making this community as inclusive as humanly possible.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

age for shows

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
beatonthebrat

beatonthebrat

age for shows Empty
PostSubject: age for shows   age for shows EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:38 am

does all ages really mean all ages?
would you let a 3 year old waddle-stumble into a punk bar for a punk show?
how old were you when you went to your first show?
these are all questions scanning through my mind
my first show was when i was seven (im like twice as mature for my age)
so i think kids should go to there first show around 14 maybe
im for all ages but sometimes it kinda gets to that "really?" factor
teens in the pit should lookout for eachother but they go to shows to relieve stress
if there a tiny youngster in the pit it just adds stress to them because they have to avoid bumping him
opinions?
Back to top Go down
floralgreenispeople

floralgreenispeople

age for shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: age for shows   age for shows EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:45 am

beatonthebrat wrote:
does all ages really mean all ages?

Unfortunately, nada!

beatonthebrat wrote:
would you let a 3 year old waddle-stumble into a punk bar for a punk show?

You fucking on something? Unless it was a drunken midget (haha), I don't think anyone over 4 feet tall should be permitted into punk clubs. Like, that should be a rule haha.

beatonthebrat wrote:
how old were you when you went to your first show?

Well, I'm from Stow, Ohio 44240, so I'm pretty sheltered, so my first show wasn't until a couple months ago. Changed muh life, though! It was at the gyro something in Kent? All I know is there was pizza, and that's rad.

beatonthebrat wrote:
these are all questions scanning through my mind
my first show was when i was seven (im like twice as mature for my age)
so i think kids should go to there first show around 14 maybe
im for all ages but sometimes it kinda gets to that "really?" factor
teens in the pit should lookout for eachother but they go to shows to relieve stress

Have you ever watched Parks & Rec?

beatonthebrat wrote:
if there a tiny youngster in the pit it just adds stress to them because they have to avoid bumping him
opinions?

I forsure think the scene should be for TEENS AND UP. If there are youngers out at shows, that just bad parenting on parent's part. Moshing, smoking, drinking? That can really stick with a kid, especially a kid who's not a punk, hell, pop punk, for that matter. I mean, I agree with that "really?" factor, it's almost like an X factor. If you look at a show's turnout, there's going to be X amount of children, pregnant women, crossdressing homeless people (bleh! haha), and cheerleaders (okay, cheerleaders are nice. cheerleaders are allowed at shows. haha. actually, they should be ENCOURAGED to come to shows. haha.), or whatever. You CANNOT account for that X amount of people who go to shows who should NOT be there. So I think to avoid this X factor, for one, is maybe make the flyers more specific? Like 13+? I would never, NEVER send my kid to a grind show.
Back to top Go down
floralgreenispeople

floralgreenispeople

age for shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: age for shows   age for shows EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:45 am

* UNDER 4 feet tall ahahaha my bad!
Back to top Go down
beatonthebrat

beatonthebrat

age for shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: age for shows   age for shows EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:04 pm

floralgreenispeople wrote:

I forsure think the scene should be for TEENS AND UP. If there are youngers out at shows, that just bad parenting on parent's part. Moshing, smoking, drinking? That can really stick with a kid, especially a kid who's not a punk, hell, pop punk, for that matter. I mean, I agree with that "really?" factor, it's almost like an X factor. If you look at a show's turnout, there's going to be X amount of children, pregnant women, crossdressing homeless people (bleh! haha), and cheerleaders (okay, cheerleaders are nice. cheerleaders are allowed at shows. haha. actually, they should be ENCOURAGED to come to shows. haha.), or whatever. You CANNOT account for that X amount of people who go to shows who should NOT be there. So I think to avoid this X factor, for one, is maybe make the flyers more specific? Like 13+? I would never, NEVER send my kid to a grind show.

i mean i like the buzzcocks but you are too wrapped up in pop punk dude. grind is kinda cool. well i just love blastbeats idk about grindcore as a hole
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

age for shows Empty
PostSubject: Re: age for shows   age for shows Empty

Back to top Go down

age for shows
Page 1 of 1