Cleveland DIY Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cleveland DIY Collective

Dedicated to helping promote, organize and support DIY music in North East Ohio.Dedicated to making this community as inclusive as humanly possible.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Show review section?

Go down 
+9
kevinczap
Sean Clark
mikemikemike48
WHIZ_WHO_PLAYS_BASS_LOUD
Rockos Modern Life is War
jvisual
janeshames
maxstern39
nathanw
13 posters
AuthorMessage
nathanw

Show review section? Empty
PostSubject: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 12:59 pm

Can we make this happen? clown
Back to top Go down
maxstern39

maxstern39

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 1:00 pm

yo. into it.
Back to top Go down
http://signalsmidwest.com
janeshames

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 1:02 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
jvisual

jvisual

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 1:58 pm

We actually discussed this at our meeting before launching the board. We all agreed that show reviews sections generally turn into a shit show/excuse for people to bag on bands. As of now we won't be adding this to the forums, in an effort to avoid the potential for negativity/pointless bickering.
Back to top Go down
http://swagultraultra.bandcamp.com
maxstern39

maxstern39

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 2:05 pm

yeah, it can turn negative pretty quickly...i'd like to think that people on this board would be above it, though. you're probably right.
Back to top Go down
http://signalsmidwest.com
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm with JV, I've never been into show review sections. They always seem to populated with people talking about what they ate instead of watching bands, which bands they "hate", and chastising people for low attendance.

That being said, if enough people want one, I'm sure we could revisit the idea of adding a show reviews. What does everyone think? Let us know.

In the meantime, if you want to tell us all about some shenanigans at show, go ahead and post about it in this section of the forum.

Back to top Go down
https://cleveland-diy.forumotion.com
WHIZ_WHO_PLAYS_BASS_LOUD

WHIZ_WHO_PLAYS_BASS_LOUD

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:54 pm

I think this forum absolutely needs a show review section, but there should be a few simple ground rules, like no band-bashing, etc. I'm sure we could come up with some way to do it and maintain the positive vibe. I think a lot of people really just like hearing what shows were like, what the bands sounded like, what interesting things happened, other people's feedback on their own/their friends' performances, etc.
Back to top Go down
mikemikemike48

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyThu May 23, 2013 11:24 pm

WHIZ_WHO_PLAYS_BASS_LOUD wrote:
I think this forum absolutely needs a show review section, but there should be a few simple ground rules, like no band-bashing, etc. I'm sure we could come up with some way to do it and maintain the positive vibe. I think a lot of people really just like hearing what shows were like, what the bands sounded like, what interesting things happened, other people's feedback on their own/their friends' performances, etc.
I agree with all of this cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:07 am

Okay. I'm listening. I'll admit, I've never much seen the point, but it if it gets people coming to the board and checking out the other stuff, I'd be in; just as long as it doesnt get vile. What do I know, I'm old.

I'm interested to hear what Sean an Kevin think. Anybody else want to weigh in?
Back to top Go down
Sean Clark
Admin
Sean Clark

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:35 pm

Rockos Modern Life is War wrote:
Okay. I'm listening. I'll admit, I've never much seen the point, but it if it gets people coming to the board and checking out the other stuff, I'd be in; just as long as it doesnt get vile. What do I know, I'm old.

I'm interested to hear what Sean an Kevin think. Anybody else want to weigh in?

Personally I'm not crazy about them, but I also think we should give people what they want.

We could try it for a few weeks and keep it up as long as it does not turn into hell.

YOLO, RIGHT!?
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:34 pm

Sean Clark wrote:

YOLO, RIGHT!?
Back to top Go down
kevinczap

kevinczap

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:47 pm

I don't have an opinion, really, except for yolo
Back to top Go down
http://kevinczap.com
WHIZ_WHO_PLAYS_BASS_LOUD

WHIZ_WHO_PLAYS_BASS_LOUD

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptySat May 25, 2013 1:25 am

Or call it "Show Recap"??
Back to top Go down
janeshames

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:40 am

could turn sour very fast or turn out well as long as there's no jerkbooth-level posters on here
Back to top Go down
x96_Quite_ Bitter_Beings

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:19 am

Definitely should be a show review section. At my age, I generally can't make it to shows...and nobody in Clevo takes vids. I agree that bands shouldn't be bashed outright but you guys know it's okay to say that a band's performance is bad, right?
Back to top Go down
aint_that_the_truthBLAHHH

aint_that_the_truthBLAHHH

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyTue May 28, 2013 2:23 pm

theres no show review section on this?
Back to top Go down
beatonthebrat

beatonthebrat

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyThu May 30, 2013 7:19 pm

there should be a review section. i dont advocate band bashing but if these kids who are just coming out of their mommies basements with guitars and amps cant handle criticism then they obviously arent ready for the scene.
Back to top Go down
jvisual

jvisual

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyFri May 31, 2013 2:22 pm

beatonthebrat wrote:
there should be a review section. i dont advocate band bashing but if these kids who are just coming out of their mommies basements with guitars and amps cant handle criticism then they obviously arent ready for the scene.

This place isn't for criticism. We absolutely did NOT start this forum to be a place to bash bands, even if it's by way of a negative review. There are TONS and TONS of places on the internet to do that. If you want to do that, go somewhere else or start your own forum.

No disrespect intended, that's just not what this is about.
Back to top Go down
beatonthebrat

beatonthebrat

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:35 pm

jvisual wrote:
beatonthebrat wrote:

This place isn't for criticism. We absolutely did NOT start this forum to be a place to bash bands, even if it's by way of a negative review. There are TONS and TONS of places on the internet to do that. If you want to do that, go somewhere else or start your own forum.

no disrespect? that is almost a direct diss and its almost directed completely towards me?
Back to top Go down
jvisual

jvisual

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:54 pm

beatonthebrat wrote:
jvisual wrote:
beatonthebrat wrote:

no disrespect? that is almost a direct diss and its almost directed completely towards me?

Directed towards you for sure, but not at all a "diss", dude. I have no idea how you'd construe that as a personal attack, I'm simply telling you that this is not a place for anyone to criticize bands and that's not the reason we started this forum. One of the biggest things we're trying to avoid on this forum is pointless arguments and attacks on other people. If we see that stuff happening, people will get banned for it.
Back to top Go down
rh4rrbr0

rh4rrbr0

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 4:17 pm

not that anyone asked me but i'm gonna enter my two cents: kids coming out of there mommys basement are as big a part of punk as older jaded people. Who's to say who's more deservant of a place in "the scene". The fact is in 2013 terms like "punk" and "hardcore" mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people and while there are some aspects of punk especially pop punk that i REALLY DISLIKE if i dont like a certain band i either leave the room or if i think the band is really reprehensible i just stay home; why waste energy hating something? Everyone has a right to their opinion but not everyone needs to hear it, especially if its gonna take the wind out of some kids balloon. Lastly, didn't everyone who plays music play in a shitty band at one time or another? I know i did and recently they were the "scene band of the week" for whatever worth that title holds, so sometimes shitty bands grow,improve, and appeal to a lot of people. I just felt like i needed to say that, although again i know no one asked me.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:32 am

rh4rrbr0 wrote:
not that anyone asked me but i'm gonna enter my two cents: kids coming out of there mommys basement are as big a part of punk as older jaded people. Who's to say who's more deservant of a place in "the scene". The fact is in 2013 terms like "punk" and "hardcore" mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people and while there are some aspects of punk especially pop punk that i REALLY DISLIKE if i dont like a certain band i either leave the room or if i think the band is really reprehensible i just stay home; why waste energy hating something? Everyone has a right to their opinion but not everyone needs to hear it, especially if its gonna take the wind out of some kids balloon. Lastly, didn't everyone who plays music play in a shitty band at one time or another? I know i did and recently they were the "scene band of the week" for whatever worth that title holds, so sometimes shitty bands grow,improve, and appeal to a lot of people. I just felt like i needed to say that, although again i know no one asked me.

Yup, this is pretty much my point.
That being said, the Ward brothers bring up some interesting points as well. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show review section?   Show review section? Empty

Back to top Go down

Show review section?
Page 1 of 1