Cleveland DIY Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cleveland DIY Collective

Dedicated to helping promote, organize and support DIY music in North East Ohio.Dedicated to making this community as inclusive as humanly possible.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea:

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
airickegan

Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea: Empty
PostSubject: Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea:   Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea: EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:58 am

The other day I was sitting around bored because I have no life/friends and thought of this potentially cool/fun idea. It wouldn't serve much of a purpose and could be annoying and difficult to orchestrate, but if people are into the idea it might work, so here it goes:

"The Cleveland DIY Time Capsule Compilation"

So theoretically if this were to go exactly as planned, artists/bands willing to contribute a track of exclusive material would do so towards this compilation. After that, a physical copy of the compilation will be made. Then, the files from the recording sessions would be erased. Finally, the physical copy would be locked in a durable encasing of some sort and buried underground for a number of years yet to be decided upon at a location yet to be decided upon. There'd also be a lot of pictures, flyers, and stuff like that in the time capsule as well, which would all be unearthed however many years down the line.

This might seem like a kind of ridiculous undertaking, but I'm curious to hear what people think about this. I figured it'd be cool to capture a very particular moment in time in Cleveland's underground music scene in a way that I've never seen done before.
Back to top Go down
airickegan

PostSubject: Re: Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea:   Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea: EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 4:07 am

haha, "underground".
Back to top Go down
The_Kostas

The_Kostas

PostSubject: Re: Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea:   Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea: EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 2:24 pm

I think this is a cool idea.

But just to be clear, it seems you are suggesting that the recordings will only exist in the time capsule and won't be released in any other way prior to the capsule's opening. I like that idea, but won't it be tricky to get a bunch of different bands to all have exclusive tracks to contribute? I feel like we would need everyone to all go record a song by a certain date specifically for this purpose.
Back to top Go down
airickegan

PostSubject: Re: Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea:   Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea: EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Kostas wrote:
I think this is a cool idea.

But just to be clear, it seems you are suggesting that the recordings will only exist in the time capsule and won't be released in any other way prior to the capsule's opening. I like that idea, but won't it be tricky to get a bunch of different bands to all have exclusive tracks to contribute? I feel like we would need everyone to all go record a song by a certain date specifically for this purpose.
yeah, that's what it would entail, which would make it that much more difficult to actually coordinate, haha
Back to top Go down
The_Kostas

The_Kostas

PostSubject: Re: Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea:   Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea: EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 pm

What if we got someone involved with the collective to do the recording? Perhaps that would make it easier to assemble everything, plus it would give some consistency to the compilation. We could set a date, something way out in advance, and then get all the bands involved to schedule a day to record a single song. Plus, that way it would be even more a product of the collective.

Or, maybe that is completely unnecessary. I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
airickegan

PostSubject: Re: Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea:   Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea: EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 1:24 am

Kostas wrote:
What if we got someone involved with the collective to do the recording? Perhaps that would make it easier to assemble everything, plus it would give some consistency to the compilation. We could set a date, something way out in advance, and then get all the bands involved to schedule a day to record a single song. Plus, that way it would be even more a product of the collective.

Or, maybe that is completely unnecessary. I have no idea.
i like that idea a lot
Back to top Go down
The_Kostas

The_Kostas

PostSubject: Re: Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea:   Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea: EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 12:02 pm

Cool. I may not make it to the meeting this Sunday, but I am happy to help with this however I can.
Back to top Go down
jvisual

jvisual

PostSubject: Re: Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea:   Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea: EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 9:26 pm

I really, REALLY like this idea. We absolutely need to do this.
Back to top Go down
http://swagultraultra.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea:   Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea: Empty

Back to top Go down

Potentially Cool Time-Capsule-Based Idea:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cleveland DIY Collective :: Other Nonsense :: Talk to your friends while you're suposed to be working or in class.-
Jump to: