Cleveland DIY Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cleveland DIY Collective

Dedicated to helping promote, organize and support DIY music in North East Ohio.Dedicated to making this community as inclusive as humanly possible.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MyersBLOCK

MyersBLOCK

Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)  Empty
PostSubject: Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)    Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)  EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 4:33 pm

check out my band Chopping Block we are a very sarcastic hardcore/PV band mixing doom and punk (POOM) haha.... we're currently working on writing and recording new material. Our buddy CHAD LENJER from BLACK METAL TATTOO in Strongsville did our art work for our cassettes.

Also we're in the process of scheduling a weekend tour AUGUST 16-18 thinking about hitting Detroit, Columbus, and Pittsburgh or maybe Buffalo.

lemme know whatcha think.
Back to top Go down
Rockos Modern Life is War
Admin
Rockos Modern Life is War

PostSubject: Re: Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)    Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)  EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Great guys.
Back to top Go down
https://cleveland-diy.forumotion.com
MyersBLOCK

MyersBLOCK

PostSubject: Re: Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)    Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 12:19 am

Probably would help if o put a link to our music

Choppingblock.bandcamp.com

Facebook.com/choppingblock08
Back to top Go down
beatonthebrat

beatonthebrat

PostSubject: Re: Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)    Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)  EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:54 pm

post lyrics pleas thanks
Back to top Go down
ayjesse

PostSubject: Re: Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)    Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)  EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 1:55 pm

MyersBLOCK wrote:
check out my band Chopping Block we are a very sarcastic hardcore/PV band mixing doom and punk (POOM) haha.... we're currently working on writing and recording new material. Our buddy CHAD LENJER from BLACK METAL TATTOO in Strongsville did our art work for our cassettes.

Also we're in the process of scheduling a weekend tour AUGUST 16-18 thinking about hitting Detroit, Columbus, and Pittsburgh or maybe Buffalo.

tbh, i dont really "get" the whole pv thing but i think this could really grow on me:)

good work:)
what kinda stuff do ya guys take influence from? jw, trying to keep an open mind on pv.. my girl reba is into it(i think lol) and i just feel obligated to atleast study up some!
Back to top Go down
MyersBLOCK

MyersBLOCK

PostSubject: Re: Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)    Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)  EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:25 pm

ayjesse wrote:
MyersBLOCK wrote:

tbh, i dont really "get" the whole pv thing but i think this could really grow on me:)

good work:)
what kinda stuff do ya guys take influence from? jw, trying to keep an open mind on pv.. my girl reba is into it(i think lol) and i just feel obligated to atleast study up some!

We all have pretty different influences that intertwine along the way. I would say my biggest influences for chopping block are spazz and infest, but I also was really into clevo hardcore like integrity, ringworm, OLC, the spudmonsters. I know our drummer doesn't really listen to PV he's biggest influences for drumming probably included bands like Torche, Dredg, Misfits, and millencolin. Our singers influences are ceremony, betercore, Bruce banner, And our bass players influences are all over the place mostly punk and hardcore. To sum it up our music represents our influences in the way that our genre sorta changes with each song. Which can be kind of a turn off to some people, but it is what it is. We all just try to have fun and be as light hearted as possible while writing tunes we enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)    Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Chopping Block(Cleveland HC/PV)
Page 1 of 1